Thursday, December 08, 2005
Under The Bridge 12/10/05
The next group workout will be 12/10/05.
Location: Austin, Texas
Town Lake hike-and-bike trail
Mopac BLVD. and Stephen F. Austin Dr.
Park at Austin High and walk down to stretch area.
Time: 8:30 - 9:30am
First session free
*Cost is $10.00 for 3m run training group.
Workout will consist of 30 minutes of intense physical activity working
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement patter to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.